Belarus participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Belarusian entry was selected through Eurofest, a national final organised by the Belarusian broadcaster BTRC. Litesound represented Belarus with the song « We Are the Heroes« , which failed to qualify from the second semi-final, achieving 16th place with 35 points.
On 18 October 2011, BTRC started the call for songs for their national selection Eurofest 2012. After a two years break, the national selection Eurofest was back to the Belarusian national selection. Applications were accepted from 1–25 November 2011.
After that, a jury chose 15 entries that were presented in a national semi-final, held on 21 December 2011. Five entries were advanced to the final, which took place on 31 January 2012. In the final, the winner was chosen by televoting (50%) and a professional jury (50%). Special Eurofest diaries was shown on TV during the whole project.
On February 24, 2012, the Belorussian president conducted an investigation leading to Lanskaya’s « unfair » win in Eurofest 10 days earlier. It was rumored that she and her producers had rigged the televoting giving her 12 points making her the winner. The president ordered an immediate investigation and was later confirmed to be true. Therefore, on February 26, Alyona Lanskaya was disqualified. Litesound, who got second place in Eurofest, were internally chosen as the new representatives of Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku on February 27.
|Draw||Artist||Song||Lyrics (l) / Music (m)|
|01||Anna Blagova||« You »||Anna Blagova, Victor Rudenko|
|02||German||« Keep faith »||Dmitry Karpinchik, Yuri Mantachik|
|03||Aura||« Hands up! »||Eugene Oleinik, Julia Bykova, Svetlana Geraskova|
|04||Alexandra Gaiduk & Natalia Baldina||« Loveless »||Maxim Oleinikov, Andrey Glushko, Alyona Gorbachova|
|05||Gunesh||« And morning will come »||Isa Melikov, Zahra Badabeyli|
|06||Anastasia Vinnikova||« Shining in twilight »||Yuri Vashchuk, Leonid Shirin|
|07||The Champions||« It’s your time »||Olisa Emeka Orakposim, Vyacheslav Lyschik|
|08||Yan Zhenchek & Outerplain||« We are the candles »||Yan Zhenchek|
|09||Ekivoki||« Number one »||Alexander Sukharev, Dmitry Apolenis|
|10||Victoria Aleshko||« Dream »||Eugene Oleinik, Julia Bykova, Svetlana Geraskova|
|11||Alena Lanskaya||« All my life »||Leonid Shirin, Yuri Vashchuk|
|12||Uzari||« The winner »||Yury Navrotsky|
|13||Nuteki||« Superheroes »||Michael Nokarashvilli|
|14||Litesound||« We are the heroes »||Vladimir, Dmitry Karyakin|
|15||Thriller||« Message to the world »||Ivan Lutsenko, Anna Gorbachev|
|2||Gunesh||« Tell me why? »||Isa Melikov, Zahra Badabeyli||8||3|
|3||Victoria Aleshko||« Dream »||Eugene Oleinik, Julia Bykova, Svetlana Geraskova||7||4|
|4||Litesound||« We are the Heroes »||Vladimir, Dmitry Karyakin||10||2|
|5||Uzari||« The Winner »||Yury Navrotsky||6||5|
Belarus competed in the first half of the second semi-final (5th on stage), on 24 May 2012, following Malta and preceding the Portugal. Belarus received 35 points and placed 16th, thus failing to qualify for the final on 26 May.
- In the semi-final Belarus came 16th with 35 points: the public awarded Belarus 12th place with 37 points and the jury awarded 11th place with 52 points.
Points awarded to Belarus
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Belarus
Points awarded in the second semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
- « Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (2) ». Eurovision.tv.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (24 February 2012). « Litesound as new Belarusian representative in Baku ». Eurovision.tv.
- Omelyanchuk, Olena (18 October 2011). « Belarus: EuroFest is back as the national selection! ». Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Hondal, Victor (18 December 2011). « Belarus: EuroFest final to be held on January 28th ». Esctoday.com. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- Busa, Alexandru (18 October 2011). « Belarus: EuroFest to select 2012 representative ». Esctoday.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Siim, Jarmo (18 June 2012). « Eurovision 2012 split jury-televote results revealed ». Eurovision.tv.
- « Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final ». Eurovision.tv.
(Note: Entries scored out are when Belarus did not compete)